|Library Research 101
Understanding Subject Headings
3. Is animal restraint a valid subject heading?
4. What subject heading is used for
(UF) animal liberation?
Remember that "Used For" means "Used instead of."
5. Find a related term (RT) for animal psychology:
6. Are terms preceded by NT, RT, or BT valid terms?
7. What subheading is used with the main heading animal rights?
8. If you want to find information on animal rights -- law and legislation, what heading must you use?
9. To clarify how the headings are used, scope notes appear directly under the terms animal rights and animal welfare. "Works on the protection and treatment of animals are entered under" what term?
10. You hope that the Rottweiler who ate your pork chops last week will remember your kindness. You look under animal psychology for guidance and, mirabile dictu, find a narrower term (NT) to search in the library catalog for information about the memory of animals. The term is: