Ramsey Library provides a laptop lending service to UNC
Asheville students for use
in the library building. Laptops are wireless-enabled and
loaded with Microsoft Office
Usage Rules for Library Laptops
- Ramsey Library laptop computers and equipment must be checked out (with a valid UNCA OneCard) from
and returned to the Ramsey Library Circulation Desk. The borrower is responsible
for the replacement cost of all equipment damaged, lost, or stolen.
Each laptop computer comes with:
1. A power cord/AC power adapter
You are responsible for the item. The
replacement cost for the item is available at the Circulation Desk.
- The term of the loan is 5 (five) hours. The equipment is for library
- A request for an additional loan period of 2 hours (renewal) may be made
online. One renewal is permitted provided no one else is
waiting to use the equipment.
- Overdue fines of $5.00 per item per hour, or portion of an hour, will be
charged to the borrower's account if the equipment is not returned on
- The borrower agrees not to copy any applications software or drivers
from the hard disk of the equipment to any other storage medium or to
any other machine.
- The borrower agrees to abide by the Ramsey
Library Patron Usage Policy for Computing and Networking, the UNCA
Student Usage Policy for Computing and Networking, as well as all
applicable federal and state laws, when using this equipment.
- Ramsey Library is not responsible for the loss of any data while using
this equipment. All data saved on the laptop's hard
disk will be erased when the computer is shut down or restarted.
Additional information is available at the Circulation Desk. Call us at
This page updated 15
UNCA / Ramsey